- I haven’t got the amount of room to write anything near big enough or good enough to explain how amazing my time as a Sue Hill Dance student has been. Not only have I developed as a dancer but also as a person. I cannot thank everyone enough for the support and hard work they have put into me over the years. I have met the most amazing people who have had the biggest impacts on my life and who continue to remain a significant part of my life and none of that would have been possible without Sue Hill Dance. It started in a blue leotard, tiny tap shoes and a little girl with a big dream! Over ten years of dancing and I keep coming back doing what I love! Again I can’t thank everyone enough who has ever taught me or continues to do so! Everyone throughout my time holds a special place in my heart! ❤️ Keep on shining everyone! Poleigh
- Can’t remember what year this was but have never forgotten the memories I had at Sue Hill school of dance ❤ Cyann
- So many special memories, amazing experiences and friends for life. Shannon
- I’ve watched many shows and some more than once. They have all been excellent. A credit to the hardwork and dedication of all those involved, from the youngest to the oldest, from the smallest to the biggest, from the novice just stating to the experts; they were all brilliant. Steve
- I have know Sue for 21 years since my eldest started dance with her during that time not only have Sue and her family been great friends, she was also a good teacher to both of my girls who not only taught them to dance but also gave them confidence. I can’t wait for my granddaughter to start. The only question is whether it will be Mummy and me ballet or Aunty and me. Thanks Sue to you and your teachers. Janet
- 2016 and my daughter’s second show. The opportunity she has to develop in confidence and ability is something I am thankful for. Ailsa
- I first started going to Susan Hill School of Dancing when I was in year 8, I didn’t like school & had previously been at another dance school which didn’t work out. I had absolutely no confidence. I remember my first class was Suzanne’s street class , I was so nervous but I loved every second of it. I then started doing more and more classes (I even got talked into doing ballet again), the teachers & girls soon became like family. I went on to train at a Performing arts school which was really tough & I definitely wouldn’t have been able to do it without you all. You built my confidence up & made me love dancing again. Dixie
- 35 years!? I cannot believe it😱!! I really don’t know where to start, other than firstly saying THANK YOOU SUE! Well, I started when I was just 3👶🏼, so it’s been a fair few years, that’s why the ‘Hill’s have become my second family over time. I used to spend more time there than my own home hehe. Well, what have I done in all this time!? – ALOT! But to name a few memories I auditioned for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Annie, Cruise Ships, danced in music videos, danced for sky sports, danced in theatres such as the Forum & Egg, became a Pontins Bluecoat, Got into Butlins Red Coats, danced in fetes, carnivals, competitions & charity events. Got a Diploma in Performing Arts & A-Levels in Dance. Done exams in ballet, tap, musical theatre, freestyle, street & singing. & a lot lot more! Along the way I have met wonderful inspirational & talented people who I owe a lot to. These people have become my best friends and sisters. Dance was my life & always will be. I thank you Sue Hill personally for helping me create all these amazing memories & I will always be a ‘Sue Hill’ girl 👯🌟. Along the way I also have Suzanne Louise Marsh Charlotte Marsh Zoe Maggs & (how can I forget YOU)- George Hill to thank for being my fabulous teachers for life👏🏼🎉. It’s a T&T moment (Suzanne this is your saying)😁, it’s all about shining bright 🌟, Grinning with your biggest smile 😁 & enjoying everything you do🙌🏼. God bless to you all😘. Sherree
- I started off older than most dancing I was around 10 I soon fell in love with it and danced pretty much every day and every class. Truly was one thing that I loved, the shows the people and the always friendly atmosphere. It’s a shame I don’t live closer so my daughter can go on and dance there she will of course me dancing where I am now. Happy 35th anniversary Sue and everyone involved in Susan Hill dance school 💃🏻. Holly
- I started dancing with Sue Hill in 1996 as a shy little 5 year old! Now at the age of 25 I’m still going and still loving it as much as I always have! Thats 20 years of amazing memories! Dancing has definately given me tons of confidence by getting up on that stage and performing, not for anyone else, but for my own enjoyment! Without Sue Hill I would never had have the opportunity to be a part of the amazing shows she puts on, competed in the carnivals and met some of the amazing friends I have made through dance! Whenever I’ve had a bad day at work, as soon as I’m in that studio surrounded by my fellow students every worry seems to go away and thats one of the best things about the school, its like a second home! I cant thank Sue and all the other teachers enough for all the support throughout the years! Long may it continue! 👯 Jodie
- I think I joined Sue’s classes when I was about 6, I still remember heading up those steps behind the church for the first time. As a unbelievably gangly clumsy kid, and the only bloke in a room full of 20 something girls I didn’t have the easiest time. However with such a welcoming and friendly atmosphere my whole family was soon either taking lessons or helping at shows.
With inevitable bullying at school for doing ballet and tap I felt like quitting multiple times but with Sue and George’s encouragement, commitment and patience my co-ordination finally started improving. Looking back I can’t believe all the time and generosity you showed me, including private dance lessons with George and Sue driving me round the country for auditions.
Now I’m not so skinny and would never have got my dream job without all the work to improve my co-ordination through Dance. I’m currently a P.E Teacher in a specialist autism school which means now it’s my turn to teach dance to kids with questionable co-ordination.
One things for sure, I would not be the person I am today without the love and kindness of Sue Hills School of Dancing. Alex
- Me and my sister did lots of different dance lessons from young age with Susan Hill School of Dance and was one of the best and memorable things we have done ! We met lots of lovely friends who I am still in contact with and have been at school with through primary and to secondary and looking back through old photos of us all in our group dances makes us smile as we all look back on our much younger years 😊🌟 I’ve still got all of my exam certificates and trophies hidden in a box for extra memories!🌟 xx Shelbie
- So when I started with Susan Hill I was 10 and did ballet! And what a blast that was! I absolutely loved it, and, of course, wearing my blue leotard and blue skirt, which I never took off when I got home. I used to prance around in it all time. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to leave, which I was incredibly gutted about, but then an amazing opportunity came up when I was in sixth form and there was a chance for me to be a part of Bath Dance College!!!! It was perfect for me!!! And I grabbed that opportunity with both hands! After 2 years of hard work and training…. (and I mean that! 😉) they managed to get me an audition at a holiday park as a female vocalist and dancer… to my absolute surprise I got the job and I am now currently on my 4th year of entertainment and have been working my way up the business! If it hadn’t been for Sue, George and the rest of the fabulous teachers at Susan Hill School of Dancing there is no way I would be where I am now….. and I am extremely grateful!!! Like literally you have no idea ha! So thank you so so much Sue Hill you absolute LEGEND!!!! Xx Danni
- I started with Sue when I was 6 and stayed until I was 16 and came back for a couple years before I had my son. Anyone who knows me knows how much of an impact my childhood at the dance school had on me. For a start my self discipline to stand still wouldn’t be anywhere as good if it weren’t for Sue 😂🙈 I spent hours and hours up in the church hall before moving to the studio practicing and practicing and loved every minute of it and it is probably why I’m such a perfectionist! I am very thankful to Sue for everything and the opportunities to do what I love, to entertain and perform (show off) long may it continue for many generations of children’s and adults of the area. 💜 Laura